by Staff Writer 09-01-2021 | 8:15 PM
COLOMBO (News1st): The number of COVID-19 cases in the Colombo district has declined sharply, the Colombo Municipal Council (CMC)'s Chief Medical Officer has said.
"We used to identify between 375 and 400 cases daily. However, we are only detecting between 90 and 100 cases now," CMC Chief Medical Officer Ruwan Wijeyamuni said.
But several areas within the limits of the municipal council continue to remain isolated.
Jinthupitiya in Colombo 13 and the Grandpass police jurisdiction has been under isolation since October 31 last year, residents pointed out.
The 100 Muhandiram E. D. Dabare Road in Narahenpita has been isolated since December 31 last year, and Torrington Avenue since December 27.
Further, the Veluwana Road in Dematagoda has been under isolation since December 27 while Nazeerwatte in Wellawatte has been isolated since December 17.